Connect with us


How Do I Get A Free Sponsorship To Canada?

How Do I Get A Free Sponsorship To Canada


How Do I Get A Free Sponsorship To Canada?

To get a free sponsorship in Canada, you only need a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who is either a parent, spouse, conjugal partner, or child over 18 years old residing in Canada. And if you don’t have anyone in Canada, don’t worry, because there is another way and we will explain it at some point in this article.

Canada is one of the best and most beautiful countries in the world, it is considered by many to be a haven for those seeking a fresh start and greener pastures. It is also one of the most peaceful countries in the world today. Each year, Canada creates over 100,000 job openings for immigrants and citizens, and if you find that a job is your thing, you can always move to Canada to find one.

Thousands of immigrants settle in Canada every year through various immigration programs, including sponsorship from close relatives, family members, partners, and even employers. It is not very easy to find a sponsor in Canada because there are few people who can sponsor you in Canada.

Canada understands the importance of family, that’s why family sponsorship was created. Through this program, Canadian citizens and permanent residents whose families reside outside Canada are allowed to bring their parents and family members to Canada.

Who can be sponsored?

Only a few people in Canada are allowed to sponsor you to Canada, including your close relatives and family members who are Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, a conjugal partner or spouse who is a permanent resident or citizen, and by extension an employer in Canada who wishes to hire an International Skilled Worker who is in the Express Entry group. However, the employer must first ensure that no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can fill the vacancy.

What are the requirements to become a sponsor?

To become a sponsor in Canada

  • You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident currently residing in Canada.
  • Have sufficient funds to sponsor your relative or partner. Proof of financial resources is usually required, so it is best to provide one.
  • Be at least 18 years of age or older
  • If you have already been sponsored in Canada, you are not eligible to be a sponsor.
  • If you have already sponsored a family member and you have not met the requirements to be a sponsor.
  • You must enter into an agreement to financially support the family member, your partner, whom you wish to bring to Canada. The agreement can last up to 20 years, depending on your relationship with the person you are sponsoring.
  • Show proof that he or she has not been subjected in any way to the community or social assistance unless he or she is disabled.
  • If you have been convicted of a serious crime in Canada before or currently, you are not eligible to sponsor.
  • You cannot sponsor more than one person in Canada. Therefore, if you have previously sponsored a relative or family member, you will not be eligible to sponsor again.
  • If you received an immigration loan and never paid it back, or if you made a late payment, you may not be eligible to sponsor again.

Ways to obtain Sponsorship in Canada

Family Sponsorship

Canada allows Canadian citizens and permanent residents to bring their relatives to Canada for a family reunion through the Family Sponsorship Program. Eligible sponsors can sponsor;

  • Spouse, common-law, or conjugal partner
  • Dependent child
  • Parent
  • Grandparent

Steps to take to sponsor your loved one to Canada

Once you have met all the requirements and submitted all the necessary documents, your next step is to apply to sponsor your loved one to Canada.

Visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website or office and request a sponsorship form.

Fill out the form properly and provide correct information.

Pay all necessary application fees, including the Processing Fee, Right of Permanent Residence Fee, and Biometrics Fee. You can pay on the IRCC website or in their office.

Are you finished? Return the completed form to IRCC and wait for a response.

Application Charges or Fees Needed

Family Member Application Charges
Dependent Child Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee    $80
Spouse, Parents, GrandParents, and Relatives above the 22 years Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee    $480Right of Permanent Residence $495
Relatives under the age of 22 years Sponsorship Fee $80Processing Fee    $80Right of Permanent Residence $495

Employment Sponsorship

This is another great way to get sponsorship in Canada if you don’t have parents in Canada. And I will show you the best ways to do it. Canadian employers and companies are allowed to hire international workers when they are short of workers and no Canadian citizen or permanent resident can fill the position.

The difficult task here is to find a Canadian employer who is willing to hire you, as your country’s certificate may not have any value in Canada, or at least to the employer. Read on to find out how to get an employer to sponsor you.

How do I find an employer to sponsor me?

You may not know it, but there are many Canadian employers, even in your country, who are currently recruiting foreign workers. All you have to do is look in the right place. Find a Canadian embassy in your country, visit them and ask if any companies are currently recruiting foreign workers or if there are any job fairs organized by Canadian-based companies for your area.

Some universities in your home country may also hold job fairs from time to time in which Canadian companies may participate. So try to find out if there are any in your program of study.

There are also specific companies and programs in Canada through which Canadian employers can hire newcomers or foreign workers in Canada. So, to get in touch with your potential Canadian employer who will most likely sponsor you, you should register for these programs.

  • Programs that connect you with potential employers
  • Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program
  • Federal Internship Program for Newcomers
  • Canadian Immigrant Trade Show
  • Companies that connect you with potential employers
  • Hiring Immigrants
  • Immigrant Employment Council of BC
  • MOSAIC Employment Services: Career and Job Fair
  • S.U.C.C.E.S.
  • MentorConnect
  • Canada’s Best Diversity Employers
Continue Reading
You may also like...

To Top