Connect with us


How To Get PR In Canada After 2 Year Study (2021)


How To Get PR In Canada After 2 Year Study (2021)

You’ve completed a two-year diploma program in Canada and have worked in Canada during that time. After all this time, you’ve decided to make this your home. The solution to your question about how to get PR in Canada after 2 year study is right here!

You may be able to become a permanent resident of Canada after graduating from a Canadian university or college. After finishing their education, many overseas students hope to make Canada their permanent home because of Canada’s bright future and idyllic way of life.

How To Get PR In Canada After 2 Year Study

It is essential to deal in your area of study for at least one year after needed to acquire Post Graduate Work Permits in order to obtain permanent residency in Canada.

However, as a foreign graduate, you must first complete the following requirements in order to be eligible for Canadian permanent residency:

  • Obtaining a study visa in Canada provides you with the necessary work experience needed to qualify for permanent residency under the Canadian Experience Class.
  • International students must ensure that they have spent enough time in Canada before applying to Canadian universities.
  • It is imperative that you pick a college or university wisely so that you may apply for the PGWP when you have completed your studies.
  • A DLI (Designated Learning Institution) is required for overseas students who wish to study in Canada and are in possession of a valid student visa.

You may compare study programs in Canada to find out if you’re eligible for the program, as well as other relevant information, by comparing them.

Before you begin comparing study programs, keep these two points in mind:

Measurement of English language competency of adult immigrants and future immigrants who want to live and work in Canada is done using the CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark).

Occupations in Canada’s labor market are included in the National Occupational Classification (NOC). The NOC codes will provide you with information on the work duties and responsibilities for each position based on the kind and amount of specialized knowledge required. Immigrating to Canada requires you to look at the following careers in NOC:

  • Skill type 0 > management
  • Skill type A > jobs that generally require a university degree
  • Skill type B > technical occupations that usually require a college diploma
  • Skill type C > intermediate jobs which fall into the job-specific category and requires a college diploma
  • Skill level D > occupations that require on-the-job training

After graduating, what are my possibilities for becoming a permanent resident?

You may ask how to get PR in Canada after 2 year study, international grads have access to special Express Entry lanes. It is currently simpler for foreign students in Canada to qualify for an ITA through the Express Entry system by providing graduates more points toward their EE profiles.

Atlantic Immigration Program

International students can seek for permanent residency under the Atlantic Immigration Program. You can apply for permanent residency in any of the four Canadian Atlantic provinces: Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island, Ontario is a Canadian province.

Obtaining Permanent Resident Status (PR) via the Foreign Student Stream

Candidates who satisfy the following requirements can migrate to or remain in Ontario:

  • Having a job offer that falls within NOC 0, A, or B.
  • Completing or having completed a two-year full-time program at a Canadian institution or university

Getting a Green Card through the International Student Visa Program:

Possess a Ph.D. from an Ontario public institution or have completed a two-year degree program.

Moving to Canada’s largest province, Ontario, in the future

You must submit your application within two years of receiving your Ph.D.

Applying for a Masters Degree via the Graduate Stream of the Admissions Office:

Having earned a master’s degree at a publicly funded Ontario university duration of the program:

  • Minimum one year.
  • Level 7 or above in CLB
  • Having lived in Ontario for at least a year
  • Making a case for why you have the money to pay
  • Asserting one’s desire to relocate to the province within two years of graduating from a master’s program

A province of Canada Pathway to Permanent Resident Status for International Graduates under the PNP

The following conditions must be met if you wish to apply for permanent residence as a Canadian after graduating from a post-secondary educational institution in British Columbia:

The degree or diploma you have earned from a Canadian post-secondary school qualifies you for this position. Within two years of receiving your degree, you must submit your application.

Your full-time employment offer from a B.C. company is valid. NOC Skill Levels 0 through A or B are required. Your compensation must be in line with what is presently being paid for the position in British Columbia.

If you accept a job offer from a company, that company must be based in British Columbia.

International Post-Graduate Students in British Columbia

Graduates from post-secondary institutions in British Columbia who satisfy the following criteria may be allowed to remain and work in the territory without the need for a job offer:

Having a Master’s degree from a reputable university in British Columbia.

Having the desire to relocate to British Columbia

In Alberta, you may improve your public relations.

There is no special stream for foreign students who graduated in Alberta, but they may still apply for permanent residency through the Alberta Opportinuty Steam if they hold the Provincial Graduate Work Permit (PGWP).

A move to Saskatchewan is part of the International Student Stream.

Sub-category International Student Stream of Saskatchewan’s International Student Program is open to graduates of any post-secondary school in Saskatchewan or Canada, and they can apply for permanent residency in the province.

If you want to participate, you must satisfy the following requirements:

Possess a certificate or certification from a Canadian or Saskatchewan post-secondary institution.

Have worked in the province for a minimum of 960 hours.

Having a PGWP is a prerequisite.

Offers for full-time employment in your field of study from a Saskatchewan firm that falls under the NOC A, B, or 0 categories

letter from the Saskatchewan Immigration Nominee Program stating that you are qualified for the job

Through the International Education Stream, you can move to Manitoba.

If you graduated from a Manitoba college or university as an international student, you can apply through the Overseas Students Stream. You don’t need to have worked in the field for six months to apply for this stream.



As an international student hoping to get PR or one who is planning to move to Canada to study, you may ask how to get PR in Canada after 2 year study, then everything you need to know has been discussed in the section above.

Continue Reading
You may also like...

To Top